The Comptroller is one of four statewide elected officials in Maryland. Unique among state financial officers, Maryland’s Comptroller has diverse and far-reaching responsibilities that touch the lives of every Marylander.
The Comptroller of Maryland is the:
- chief financial officer for Maryland
- collector of revenue for state programs
- provider of information technology services for most state agencies
- regulator of the state’s alcohol, tobacco and motor fuel industries
- member of many state boards and commissions
Learn more about the agency’s nearly 160-year history and the men who have served as its leader.