We issue Certificates of Good Standing to prove that a corporation is authorized to transact business in Maryland and all fees, taxes, and penalties owed to Maryland are paid. Good Standing Certificates can be useful when a company is about to be sold and a potential buyer needs proof that the company is not falling behind in their state tax payments.
To request a Good Standing Certificate, please provide us with the following information:
- Full name of the corporation.
- Date of incorporation.
- Name of the state where the company is incorporated (In the case of a foreign corporation, please provide the date the corporation qualified in Maryland).
- Corporation's principal address.
- Federal employer identification number.
- Unemployment insurance number (if the corporation had no employees, please indicate)
You can submit your request by e-mail, fax or in writing:
E-mail: Certificate of Good Standing
General Accounting Division
Goldstein Treasury Building
80 Calvert Street
Annapolis, MD 21404-0746
Your request will be processed within 7-14 business days.